Monday, March 18, 2013

Name Those Chilis'

Question Arizona Yellow Hot Chilis' ...???


I'm beginning to think that What the Stores all stock here and for decades have been called "Arizona Yellow Hots" could possibly some other common Chili that Seed Companies and folks in other regions have their own Nick-Name for them ... Above is a pic of them at the local SafeWay Grocery store.

  ... please if you have grown something similar and might be another name for what you see please post your guesses here or e-mail  I've been trying to figure this out for 7 years here and the nurseries USED to start them here , but now since the Death Stars Of WalMart and Home Depot , the small nurserries are toast. If I could clearly identify what they are I could probaby do well just selling plantlings of these things locally here , a regional favorite. I have tried growing them out but either the ones in the Stores are sterrile or whatever I nor been successful at growing these out . This year I am trying Floral Gem which I think are the little yellow hot chilis in the picked peppers jars.  ... who knows someone might go "Hey those are Hungarian Hot Wax Peppers" or something like that ...

ohh , and , by the way They are really good , just the right amount of heat for a reasonably hot salsa

4 comments: